Online Service Standards
Angel Institute of Education
Who Are We
Angel Institute offers a range of courses that can be delivered party online (blended). We are committed to providing a quality learning experience for students studying online and these online service standards explain our commitment to students in key areas.
- Angel Institute Trainers will regularly be in touch with you on your Microsoft teams chat groups, Canvas and WhatsApp groups for the duration of the course. They will be available after class as well for any questions.
- Trainers will reply to queries within 48 hours.
- All assessments submitted will be assessed and feedback will be given to students usually within 7 business days.
- There will be a maximum of 25 students to each trainer/assessor for each course.
- Available by phone (0397925259) and email (your respective admin coordinator’s email) between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- You can also email email@example.com
Will reply to queries within 48 hours.
IT support helpdesk for technical queries:
- Angel Institute IT Support will help the students who have got any technical difficulty with logging on to Microsoft Teams, typing or submitting assessments online or any other related technical issue.
- IT Support is available via phone, email and online chat between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Will reply to queries within 48 hours
The following support will be available internally for students:
- Identifying the language and literacy needs required for this course and providing support where gaps are identified.
- Reasonable adjustment of assessment material.
- Additional one on one training sessions or tutorials with their trainer and assessor if required.
- Support whist on work placement.
The following support will be provided externally for students:
- Referral to tutoring services.
- Referral to English language skills programs.
- Referral to Job Active Providers.
- Referral to services for personal or social issues
Student Entry Requirements & Induction
Angel Institute conducts a comprehensive Pre-Training Review for all prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs. This will includes assessment of your digital literacy, by:
- Asking you to undertake a self-assessment quiz.
- Discussing the quiz outcomes and making recommendations about whether the course is suitable for you, and identifying additional support where required. Angel Institute uses a learning management system (LMS) for online course delivery called Microsoft Teams/Canvas.
The following are the minimum information technology requirements to enable optimal access to Microsoft Teams:
- A device with a minimum of 8GB memory and 1.5Ghz processor.
- Smooth and uninterrupted internet connection with a minimum download speed of 2MBPS and upload speed of 0.5 MBPS.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat or any other PDF reader.
- Microsoft Windows 8 and above or Mac OS version 10 and above. Web-based content is available on hand held devices including mobile phones and tablets.
- An introductory module on the LMS can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9JuiM4-X8.
- An introductory video on Canvas can be found at Canvas LMS – Student Orientation Tour – YouTube.
Get in Touch With Us
Drop Us a Message
Angel Institute ensures that learning materials used in online training are interactive and are presented in a variety of formats, including:
- Guided content , Graphics , Video , Audio and Interaction through discussion forums on Microsoft Teams.
The principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines are applied to our learning materials, by ensuring that they are: perceivable, operable, understandable and robust.
Angel Institute provides an online learning experience that is engaging and interactive. We will monitor your participation and ensure that you continue to progress through your course. Collaborative learning opportunities will be provided so that you can interact with peers, through discussion forums.
Ongoing feedback will be provided as you study through:
- Interaction with trainers/assessors in informal discussion forums.
- In response to individual queries and in relation to tasks you complete.
We will contact students who have not logged on within 2 consecutive classes at any time for the duration of the course. Formal Withdrawal process will start if they miss 4 consecutive classes without valid reason.
Trainers & Assessors
All trainers and assessors delivering online courses at Angel Institute are experienced in online delivery and have undertaken professional development in online delivery, which includes:
- Formal training in online lecture delivery by Angel Institute.
- Participation in staff reference group of online trainers and assessors, who meet and share ideas for improvement.
Angel Institute of Education
If you are an Australian, New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia, you might be eligible for funding under the Skills First Program.